Thursday, April 1, 2010

Shu Uemura Closes its Doors


When I heard the news, I nearly shed a tear. On Monday, L'Oreal announced it would no longer sell the Shu Uemura brand in the US.
I heart Shu Uemura products and simply adore the iconic lash curler so when I heard that L'Oreal would be closing its doors in the US, I panicked thinking I wouldn't be able to find Shu Uemura products in Nordstrom or Neiman's anymore.


Silly me...While the company will discontinue sales in the US, you can still purchase dramatic lashes, lash curlers, cleansing oils and other cosmetics online. WWD reports that 80% of the company's sales are made in Asia, this announcement comes as no surprise.

Shu Uemura marked his name as one of the great artists in the makeup industry back in the 1950's--trust, he's not done yet.

No comments: