Friday, May 22, 2009

Makeup Heaven (The Makeup Show New York)

Well, I know I'm a bit late posting as its been a week since I died and went to heaven...Makeup Heaven, that is. Where is this place of pure Utopia, you ask? The Powder Group's Makeup Show NY. If you are unfamiliar with the show, its a 2 day convention full of fabulous speakers, seminars (on everything from contouring to brows) and of course, vendors (I spent a fortune, but its all worth it) in the makeup industry.
I also had the opportunity to share a few laughs with Maxi (one of the finalist from the makeup show Blush. btw- I love him! He is hilarious & fabulous).Whether you are a pro or a novice or simply like to play in makeup, the Makeup Show is a must-attend for all enthusiasts.
Now that I've had a chance to settle down from all the excitement and return to reality, I'd like to share just a few of the items I picked up.

Kissable Couture Lipgloss

Kissable Couture lipglosses are posh and give the look of effortless chic.
I actually picked up a gift set (5 colors- Dreams, Johnny, Dylan, Forest & Honesty) so I could test out several of the colors (and I'm infatuated with them all). They are perfect for your personal makeup kit and are perfect for evenings out on the town because they fit inside even your smallest handbag/clutch. The best thing about these glosses is that they aren't sticky like many of the other glosses out on the market.
www.kissablecouture.com

Lip Tars from Obsessive Compulsive Cosmetics

I am always looking for the next big thing in glosses and this jewel, is what a lip product should be! Lip tars provide the smooth application of a gloss with the coverage and longevity of a lipstick.
Please do not mistake this product for a regular gloss. A dab, and I really mean a dab of this stuff goes a long way. The pigments are extremely vibrant and they dry to a satiny finish.
Lip Tars come in 9 different shades and retail for about $12.50 each. I picked up NSFW (for Ruby Woo fanatics), Pageant & Katricia.
Order your Lip Tars here.

Beauty So Clean Cosmetic Sanitizer Mist

I was super excited when I came across this product. You spray the mist onto your powder based products and it eliminates bacteria. It prevent cross-contamination and spreading of germs and especially useful when you are working on multiple clients in a day and don't have time to wipe them down. Pure Genius.
www.beautysoclean.com




More pics from the show

No comments: