Wednesday, February 3, 2010

Winter Weather Skin Care

This winter has got to be the "Coldest Winter Ever"! I'm convinced. The cold, frigid air and brisk winds usually require a heightened level of skin care.

The other day, I lotioned up as I normally do, got dressed for work and headed to the car. By the time I got in the car, my hands were ashy! Ugh. So unlady-like. My normal application of Jergens Cherry Almond Scent or Warm Vanilla Sugar Bath & Body Works Body Butter didnt seem to be standing up to Jack Frost. There are other products I use in times like these (like good old fashioned, Palmer's Coco Butter), but I decided to ask my followers on twitter to see what works best for them.
Around noon, I asked my followers to do an ash check :) by lifting up a pants leg or sleeve to check for dry skin. Those who weren't covered in scales, I asked to submit their favorite/most effective skin care and lip products for combating winter weather.

Here are Twitter's top submissions:
For Skin and Body
* Aveeno Skin Relief Body Wash and Moisturizing Lotion
* creamy petroleum jelly
* Dove's cocoa butter lotion
* old faithful...vaseline
* 100% coco butter
* creamy baby oil or baby oil gel
* Eucerin
* Shea essentials or natural raw Shea butter
* Vaseline coco butter gel
* Aquaphor
* Dove face moisturizer w/spf 15
* Aveda moisturizer/hand relief


For Lips:

* Burts Bees Chapstick
* CO Bigelow for lips
* medicated Chapstick
* medicated Blistex






My recommendations:

* Treat yourself to a paraffin hand dip along with your manicure
* Keep it cute and try Kissable Couture's Shea butter infused lip gloss
* Sleep in moisture gloves and socks (either infused with moisturizing agents or apply Vaseline or coco butter and use)
* Bathe using a loofah to get rid of dry skin


I hope these products and tips have helped someone.

Feel free to comment and share your winter weather skin care tips and products. We want to hear from you.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Shea Essentials is the bomb! I have their raw unrefined Shea Butter. I practically threw everything else out except for my Aveeno. I need nothing else. It takes awhile to put on but the results are amazing. My skin looks so hydrated, and it actually last all day.