Sunday, February 8, 2009

'09 Spring/Summer Trends for Women

If you're like me, you're so over winter; the dry skin, bundles of clothes, high gas/electric bill and everything else that goes along with it.
Hopefully, spring will come more sooner than later but to help make that transition- whenever it arrives, here are some of the spring/summer trends that hit the runway this year.
Color
While neautrals (black, white and nude) are staples this spring, a big runway hit are those colors that remind me of 2 of my favorite things--ice cream and makeup! From bright turquoise, yellow and fuschia to pale blush, peach and lilac (team these with greys)...I'm ready for the weather to break!

Accessories
Next season's accessories are all about making a statement...Bib-inspried necklaces, cocktail rings, big bangles and earrings do exactly that! I love it.


Ruffles & Bows
Ruffled dresses and bowed bodices. You can go big with these looks or keep them simple, subtle and sexy.

Patterns
The butterfly was probably the most prominent of the patterns on the runway. The key with this one is to remain elegant and sophisticated and not too girly. If you aren't into the butterfly effect, there are plenty of other patterns to choose from.


While I'm totally in love with most of the predicted trends, there are some that I'm not too fond of...

Mid-riffs


Apparently, exposing your stomach is coming back. Well, no matter how flat my stomach gets, I think I'll have to pass on this one. In my opinion, certain things are a lot sexier /classier when you can leave a little to the imagination. But hey, that's just me.

The boyfriend jean

Like the skinny jean for men, this one has the potential of going horribly wrong...They say you're supposed to be able to grab a pair of your boyfriend's jeans and throw them on. Not sure if they mean literally, but I tried it because I didn't have a change of clothes (funny, right? I'm lol too) and it was the most ridiculous sight I had ever seen.

No comments: